|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yeo Chuan Seng, Victor
Associate Dean (Undergraduate Student Life), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Business Law
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5657/5005
- LLM University of Melbourne 1996
- LLB(Hons) National University of Singapore 1989
|Victor C S Yeo is currently Associate Dean (Undergraduate Student Life) and Associate Professor in the Division of Business Law, Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University. Professor Yeo joined the University in 1992 after spending several years in private legal practice doing general commercial and corporate litigation at a leading law firm. His past portfolios at the University include being the Head of the Division of Business Law and the Director of the MBA (Business Law) programme as well as being on the Senate Steering Committee of the NTU Senate. |
Professor Yeo teaches in the University’s undergraduate and post-graduate programmes focusing on corporate law, corporate governance and securities regulation. Professor Yeo continues to be actively involved in corporate advisory work as well as in continuing professional education and development and has designed and conducted numerous training programmes on company law and corporate governance for directors and corporate executives of various private as well as publicly listed companies, members of professional bodies and officers of governmental institutions. He is also a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Directors and has experience serving as a director on corporate boards and statutory bodies. Professor Yeo was awarded the Public Service Medal (Bronze) in 2013.
|Professor Yeo's research interests are in the areas of corporate law, corporate governance and securities regulation. |
His publications include the co-authoring of several books relating to corporate law and governance and papers in both academic and professional journals in this field. These include a text on Singapore Company Law that is being used as a primary text for company law modules for accounting and business students in the major tertiary institutions in Singapore as well as for professional examinations on this area. He has also contributed country papers to initiatives such as the OECD Asian Roundtable on Corporate Governance and has given numerous presentations at seminars and conferences on the subject.
- (2016-) [by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)]
- TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT OF UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) - Enabling Efficient and Safe Operations in Urban Environment
- Victor C S Yeo. (2016). Directors' Duty of Care and Liability for Lapses in Corporate Disclosure Obligations. Singapore Academy of Law Journal, 28, 599 - 610.
- Victor C S Yeo, Joyce Lee, Pamela Hanrahan, Ian Ramsay, Geof Stapledon. (2015). Commercial Applications of Company Law in Singapore (5th Ed). CCH Asia Pte Ltd.
- Victor C S Yeo. (2015). Business and Company Law Study Manual (3rd ed). Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
- Victor C S Yeo et el. (2014). The Singapore Directorship ReportSingapore Institute of Directors & Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
- Victor C S Yeo. (2014, July). Directors, Corporate Governance and Issues on Directorial Liability for Governance Lapses. Paper presented at Comparative Enforcement of Corporate Law 2014.
« Back to Research Directory