|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Andres Carlos Luco
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Humanities
Associate Professor, School of Humanities
|Research interests: Moral psychology, Meta-ethics, Normative ethics|
Teaching: Ethics, Social/Political Philosophy, Ethics & Public Policy, Bioethics, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Religion, Metaphilosophy
Education: Ph.D. (Philosophy), Duke University; B.A., Brown University
|My research interests fall mainly into meta-ethics, moral psychology, and social & political philosophy. I am interested in such topics as the rationality of moral action; the psychology of moral motivation; the evolution of morality; social norms; theories of well-being; distributive justice; and human rights.|
- Algorithmic Justice: A Rights-Based approach to the Design and Use of Artificial Intelligence
- An inquiry into cross-disciplinary reseaerch on the relationship between moral judgment, behaviour, and institutional change, with the aim of understanding the function(s) that moral/ social norms perform in human social life
- Developing A Support System To Train Ethical Competence
- Evolutionary Moral Realism: Objective Moral Truth and the Evolution of Moral Judgment
- Using automated essay scoring and feedback systems for the development of entical reasons
- Using automated essay scoring and feedback systems for the development of ethical reasoning
- Julian de Freitas, George E. Newman, Hagop Sarkissian, Igor Grossmann, Felipe De Brigard, Andres Luco, and Joshua Knobe. (2017). Consistent Belief in a Good True Self in Misanthropes and Three Interdependent Cultures. Cognitive Science: A Multidisciplinary Journal, .
- Luco, Andres Carlos.(2017). Practical Wisdom: A Virtue for Resolving Conflicts Among Practical Wisdom. Virtue’s Reasons: New Essays on Virtue, Character, and Reasons(147-167). New York: Routledge.
- Luco, Andres Carlos. (2016). Morality or "False Consciousness"? How Moral Naturalists Can Answer Thrasymachus's Challenge. Journal of Philosophical Research, 41, 371-400.
- Luco, Andres Carlos. (2016). Non-negotiable: Why moral naturalism cannot do away with categorical reasons. Philosophical Studies: An International Journal for Philosophy in the Analytic Tradition , 173(9), 2511-2528.
- Luco, Andres Carlos. (2014). The Definition of Morality: Threading the Needle. Social Theory and Practice: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal of Social Philosophy, 40(3).
« Back to Research Directory