|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Andres Carlos Luco
School of Humanities
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD Duke University 2009
- BA (Hons) Magna Cum Laude Brown University 2003
|My research interests fall mainly into meta-ethics, moral psychology, and social & political philosophy. I am interested in such topics as the rationality of moral action; the psychology of moral motivation; the evolution of morality; social norms; theories of well-being; distributive justice; and human rights.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- NTU Educational Excellence (2017-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding (2015-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Start Up Grant (2015-)
- An inquiry into cross-disciplinary reseaerch on the relationship between moral judgment, behaviour, and institutional change, with the aim of understanding the function(s) that moral/ social norms perform in human social life
- Developing A Support System To Train Ethical Competence
- Evolutionary Moral Realism: Objective Moral Truth and the Evolution of Moral Judgment
- Using automated essay scoring and feedback systems for the development of entical reasons
- Using automated essay scoring and feedback systems for the development of ethical reasoning
- Luco, Andres.(2017). Practical Wisdom: A Virtue for Resolving Conflicts Among Practical Wisdom. Virtue’s Reasons: New Essays on Virtue, Character, and Reasons(147-167). New York: Routledge.
- Julian de Freitas, George E. Newman, Hagop Sarkissian, Igor Grossmann, Felipe De Brigard, Andres Luco, and Joshua Knobe. (2017). Forthcoming: “Consistent Belief in a Good True Self in Misanthropes and Three Interdependent Cultures”. Cognitive Science: A Multidisciplinary Journal, .
- Andres Carlos Luco. (2016). Morality or "False Consciousness"? How Moral Naturalists Can Answer Thrasymachus's Challenge. Journal of Philosophical Research, 41, 371-400.
- Luco, Andres Carlos. (2016). Non-negotiable: Why moral naturalism cannot do away with categorical reasons. Philosophical Studies: An International Journal for Philosophy in the Analytic Tradition , 173(9), 2511-2528.
- Andres Carlos Luco. (2014). The Definition of Morality: Threading the Needle. Social Theory and Practice: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal of Social Philosophy, 40(3).
« Back to Research Directory