|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Charlie Charoenwong
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Dr. Charoenwong holds a Bachelor degree in Engineering from Chulalongkorn University in Thailand, an MBA and a PhD in Finance from University of Memphis in Tennessee, USA. Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Charoenwong taught for several years at University of Memphis and Chulalongkorn University. While in Thailand, he was frequently invited to teach at various universities. At NTU, he teaches Financial Management, Financial Modeling, Asset Pricing Theory, and Equity Portfolio Management at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.|
|Dr. Charoenwong's current research interests are in market microstructure, market efficiency, and investments. His publications appear in international refereed journals such as Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Management, Financial Review, Journal of Futures Markets, Journal of Risk and Insurance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, and Advances in Pacific Basin Financial Markets.|
- Pricing Financial Instruments by Combining Time Series Segmentation with Sentiment Analysis of Market News
- Seasoned Equity Offerings Under Asymmetric Information
- The Execution Cost Under a Pure Order-Driven Market
- Chareonwong, C., B. S. Chong, and Y. C. Yang. (2014). Asset Liquidity and Stock Liquidity: International Evidence. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 41(3-4), 435-468.
- Charlie Charoenwong, David K. Ding, Ping Wang. (2013). Short Sales Constraint and SEO Pricing. International Review of Financial Analysis, 29(September), 107-118.
- Lim CY, Ding DK, Charoenwong C. (2013). Non-audit fees, institutional monitoring, and audit quality. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 41, 343-384.
- Ding, David K; Charoenwong, Charlie. (2013). Stock Market Reaction When Listed Companies in Singapore Appoint Female Directors. International Journal of Management, 30(1), 285-300.
- Nareerat Taechapiroontong, Charlie Charoenwong, Chiraphol N. Chiyachantana and Radchda Lurang. (2012). The Effectiveness of Trading Halts and Investor Trading Performance: An Intraday Analysis on the Stock Exchange of Thailand. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, (102), 191-209.
« Back to Research Directory