|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ng Bu Peow
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: +65 67906144
Office: S3 B1C 99
|Terence Ng is an Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He obtained his Master of Commerce (Honours) degree from the University of New South Wales and his Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining NTU, he has worked as an external auditor in an international CPA firm, and an internal auditor in a public listed company. Terence is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore and the American Accounting Association. His research work on auditor judgment and corporate governance has been published at Abacus, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Contemporary Accounting Research and The Accounting Review.
|Behavioral and judgment research in accounting and auditing; corporate governance; accounting education and ethics|
- Effects of Accounting Standard Precision and Certificate Requirement on Corporate Executives' Earning Management Decisions
- Effects of materiality disclosures on auditors' and managers' financial reporting judgments
- Factors affecting auditors' effectiveness in Detecting and Correcting Earnings Management Attemptions
- Research Projects In Accounting
- Boo, E., T. B. P. Ng, and P. Gowri-Shankar. (2016). Effects of incentive scheme and working relationship on whistle-blowing in an audit setting.. Auditing, 35(4), 23-38.
- Ng, T. B.-P. and P. G. Shankar. (2010). Effects of Technical Department's Advice, Quality Assessment Standards, and Client Justification on Auditors' Propensity to Accept Client-Preferred Accounting Methods. The Accounting Review, 85(5), 1743-1761.
- Ng, T. B.-P., and H.-T. Tan. (2007). Effects of Qualitative Factor Salience, Expressed Client Concern, and Qualitative Materiality Thresholds on Auditors' Audit Adjustment Decisions. Contemporary Accounting Research, 24(4), 1171-92.
- Ng, T. B.-P., K. Y. Low, and C. Geisler. (2007). The Internal Audit Functions and Profession in Singapore: Current Trends, Issues and Perspectives. Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore.
- Ng, T. B.-P. (2007). Auditors' Decisions on Audit Differences that Affect Significant Earnings Thresholds. Auditing, 26(1), 71-89.
« Back to Research Directory