|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ng Bu Peow
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6144
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2003
- MCom(Hons) University of New South Wales 1996
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1990
|Terence Ng is an Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He obtained his Master of Commerce (Honours) degree from the University of New South Wales and his Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining NTU, he has worked as an external auditor in an international CPA firm, and an internal auditor in a public listed company. Terence is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore and the American Accounting Association. His research work on auditor judgment and corporate governance has been published at Abacus, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Contemporary Accounting Research and The Accounting Review.
|Behavioral and judgment research in accounting and auditing; corporate governance; accounting education and ethics|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- Effects of Accounting Standard Precision and Certificate Requirement on Corporate Executives' Earning Management Decisions
- Effects of materiality disclosures on auditors' and managers' financial reporting judgments
- Factors affecting auditors' effectiveness in Detecting and Correcting Earnings Management Attemptions
- Ng, T. B.-P. and P. G. Shankar. (2010). Effects of Technical Department's Advice, Quality Assessment Standards, and Client Justification on Auditors' Propensity to Accept Client-Preferred Accounting Methods. The Accounting Review, 85(5), 1743-1761.
- Ng, T. B.-P., and H.-T. Tan. (2007). Effects of Qualitative Factor Salience, Expressed Client Concern, and Qualitative Materiality Thresholds on Auditors' Audit Adjustment Decisions. Contemporary Accounting Research, 24(4), 1171-92.
- Ng, T. B.-P., K. Y. Low, and C. Geisler. (2007). The Internal Audit Functions and Profession in Singapore: Current Trends, Issues and Perspectives. Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore.
- Ng, T. B.-P. (2007). Auditors' Decisions on Audit Differences that Affect Significant Earnings Thresholds. Auditing, 26(1), 71-89.
- Ng Bu Peow, Tan Hun Tong. (2003). Effects of authoritative guidance availability and audit committee effectiveness on auditors' judgments in an auditor-client negotiation context. The Accounting Review, 78(3), 801-818.
« Back to Research Directory