|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Angie Low An Chee
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Banking & Finance
Deputy Head of Division (Banking & Finance), College of Business (NBS)
|Dr. Angie Low is currently an Associate Professor of Finance at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and a fellow of the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economics Research. She received her Ph.D. in Finance from Ohio State University. |
Angie's current research interests include corporate governance, managerial compensation, corporate culture, and capital structure. Her research has been published in leading journals, including Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, and Review of Financial Studies. She has received several best paper awards at leading international conferences and was awarded the Banking and Finance Division’s Research Excellence Award in 2010 and 2015. Her research is also featured in several media such as The Economists, Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, Harvard Business Review, Singapore Institute of Directors Quarterly Bulletin, etc.
Angie is currently teaching a course of advance corporate finance at the undergraduate level. She is passionate about teaching and was a recipient of the NBS’ divisional Teaching Excellence Award in 2016.
Personal webpage: https://personal.ntu.edu.sg/aaclow
|Corporate Governance, Managerial Compensation, Corporate Culture, Capital Structure|
- Does Escalation Bias Affect Firm Investment Behavior?
- Firm Size and Managerial Entrenchment: Internal versus External Growth
- Managerial Risk-Taking Behavior and Equity-Based Compensation
- Kang, Jun-koo, Hyemin Kim, Jungmin Kim, and Angie Low. (2020). Activist rookie directors. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming.
- Liu, Claire, Angie Low, Ronald Masulis, and Le Zhang. (2020). Monitoring the monitor: Distracted institutional investors and board governance. The Review of Financial Studies, 33, 4489-4531.
- Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger, Angie Low, and René M. Stulz. (2017). Do Independent Director Departures Predict Future Bad Events?. The Review of Financial Studies, 30(7), 2313–2358.
- Xin Chang, Kangkang Fu, Angie Low, and Wenrui Zhang. (2015). Non-executive Employee Stock Options and Corporate Innovation. Journal of Financial Economics, 115(1), 168-188.
- Hirshleifer, David, Angie Low, and Siew Hong Teoh. (2012). Are overconfident CEOs better innovators?. The Journal of Finance, 67, 1457-1498.