|A/Prof Gan Chee Lip is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) since 2003. He received his B.Eng (Electrical) from the National University of Singapore in 1999 and PhD in Advanced Materials for Micro- and Nano-Systems under the Singapore-MIT Alliance Program in 2003. Dr Gan’s current research interests include the reliability study of advanced interconnect systems, process integration and reliability of 3D interconnects, and fabrication of metallic nanowires interconnects. He has done significant research work and has published over 40 top quality international conference and journal papers. He was awarded the Best Paper in Reliability at the International Symposium on the Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits in 2002 and 2008, and the Silver Award at the 2003 MRS Spring Meeting Graduate Student Award. He was the Assistant Chair (Alumni & Grduates) of MSE from 2006-2008, and is current a visiting scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a faculty fellow of the Singapore-MIT Alliance program, and a faculty associate of the Institute of Microelectronics. Dr. Gan is also an executive member of IEEE Singapore Reliability/ED/CPMT chapter and a MRS member.|
- Leong HL, Gan CL, Made RI, Thompson CV, Pey KL, Li HY. (2009). Experimental characterization and modeling of the contact resistance of Cu-Cu bonded interconnects. Journal of Applied Physics, 105(3), Article Number: 033514.
- Leong HL, Gan CL, Thompson CV, Pey KL, Li HY. (2009). Electromigration-induced bond improvement for three-dimensional integrated circuits. Applied Physics Letters, 94(8), Article Number: 081901.
- M.K. Lim, C.L. Gan, T.L. Tan, Y.C. Ee, C.M. Ng, B.C. Zhang, and J.B. Tan. (2008). Effects of Pulsed Current on Electromigration Lifetime. (pp. 72-77).
- Tan TL, Gan CL, Du AY, Tan YC, Ng CM. (2008). Delamination-induced dielectric breakdown in Cu/low-k interconnects. Journal of Materials Research, 23, 1802-1808.
- Tan TL, Gan CL , Du AY, Cheng CK, Gambino JP. (2008). Dielectric degradation mechanism for copper interconnects capped with CoWP. Applied Physics Letters, 92, Article Number: 201916.